Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dance show, parties, and trips........

So let's start one week ago.....
The kids' had their dance show over Memorial Day weekend. Needless to say it was FABULOUS! I am, of course, bias but the kids did an awesome job....they are such pros.
These first few pics were taken in our newly finished basement (YAY JASON)! The kids wanted a "photo shoot", so these are only four of MANY!!
Jason is suddenly having a very hard time with Claire looking so old...she is his little girl, and he is wishing now more than ever that she could stay this age forever! Poor poor Daddy:)
It is difficult to take pictures with the lighting on the stage and from such a distance, but Jason did a good job trying! At least you can get the idea of what the show looked like...they are just so talented:)



Is there any better way to celebrate a show than with your friends? NO WAY! Especially when it was our friend Maddie's birthday too! The kids (and adults) had a great time at PizzaTown after the show. We were also very tired when we got home close to midnight:)

Changing gears...we took Trent, Eli and my dad (Pop-pop) to Gettysburg this weekend.
We had great weather and such a fun time with the boys. We took a tour of the battlefields, played at Devil's Den, and even saw some ghosts(above).....and a very contemplative Abraham Lincoln (below)!

The boys and Pop-pop saw a lizard at Devil's Den while climbing around. Claire was too busy exploring the caves and making friends! She is still (and probably always will be) much braver than the boys when it comes to an adventure:)
I feel so thrilled to have had such a terrific start to "Almost-Summertime" with four very special kids:) There are many days that I reflect to myself about how fortunate I am to have my life...it is mine. It is so like others that I know, and yet it is somehow unique and it is mine. How lucky am I?
I just read something recently that I feel I should share. I would like to think it is what I am striving for and what I would like to teach my children.
"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny."

1 comment:

Heather said...

Great pictures! Isn't that quote from Ghandi? I keep reading it myself.I think it's great.
almost summer!!! We have to get together soon.