Tuesday, June 9, 2009

SUMMER BREAK!!!

Well, the year has finally ended! The kids are both happy and sad....they have had a wonderful year, but will miss their teachers and friends! Despite all that, we cannot wait to enjoy Summer in its entirety....rest, relaxation, friends, and SUNSHINE!

I feel so thankful to have two kids who love to learn and who are enjoying and appreciating the life they live. AYDEN AND CLAIRE, Mommy and Daddy are SO proud of you. You are both TERRIFIC individuals bubbly over with confidence, ambition, intelligence, and the blessing of knowing how to be kind and happy. WE LOVE YOU!
Claire was SO proud to graduate from kindergarten...yes I know we have graduations and celebrations for EVERYTHING, but it is a big deal to them!! AND TO US...I don't think there was a single mom in the room who did not have teary eyes. Isn't it pathetic? Mrs. Comp made graduation very special, including a slide show of memories from the year. It was terrific. Claire will be excited to say hello to Mrs Comp next year as she passes her class to get to 1st grade!

Claire has made MANY friends this year, and this is just one. His name is Ian. They have actually known each other since they were very little (his sister and Ayden went to preschool together and then Claire and Ian were in a class together too when they were 3)! We have loved having play dates with him throughout the year....they are both VERY head strong, but oddly enough they enjoy being together anyway. They kind of have this cute little banter about their conversations. It sort of sounds like two ninety year olds bickering, BUT NEVER ANGRY!! It's been great! We love Ian. I am sure we will keep in touch over the Summer.

Oh, my Ayden. He has just LOVED first grade.....and especially loved Mrs. Stagliano. My little sensitive boy had a hard time saying good-bye this week, reminding himself regularyly that he will be able to stop by her classroom for years to come. His one question to me was, " How will I see Mrs Stagliano after fifth grade?" I think he has a few years to worry about that!
She has been a dream come true! Claire has fingers, toes, ankles, arms, eyes and everything else crossed so that she will have Mrs Stagliano next year! (We know she will have a great teacher no matter what, but we would love another year with her, as well)!
This is Mrs Stagliano stuck in a bear hug from many of the boys in her class! Too cute!

1 comment:

Heather said...

You have cute kids. I wanted to cry when I saw the boy picture. How wonderful! I love Mrs. Stagliano! She's wonderful!!!